“Clean Beauty” Certification
The BIORIUS ‘Clean’ certification is based on a modern, benevolent and positive worldview aimed at protecting the planet and its people.
The ‘Clean Beauty’ standard
To be certified ‘Clean’, a cosmetic product should be:
Vegan, according to the standards of the Vegan Society, which excludes:
- Animal ingredients
- Animal testing
- Ingredients resulting from genetically-modified organisms involving animal genes or animal-derived substances
- Excludes the following sunscreen ingredients, which are toxic to coral reefs.
- Excludes the following additives and preservatives, which are toxic to coral reefs:
Produced by a brand that cares about the environment.
At least 0.2% of its revenues should be dedicated each year to reducing or compensating for its carbon footprint.
– Investments in recycling activities
– Financial support to nonprofit organizations engaged in reforestation, recycling or decontamination projects
– Investing in CO2 emissions capture
– Efficient and environment-friendly, which excludes:
- Sulfate-containing ingredients (e.g. SLS and SLES)
- Mineral oils
- Methyl chloroform (and other gases having an impact on the ozone layer)
- HFC-152a (and other greenhouse gases)
Produced by a brand that invests in human welfare:
- At least 0.1% of its revenues are donated each year to charities AND/OR
- Specific raw materials in products’ ingredients are Fair Trade certified (e.g. via Oxfam, Max Havelaar), including: cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, aloe vera and honey AND/OR
- Specific actions are conducted by the company to improve social inclusion and actively fight against any type of social discrimination
- FSC-certified secondary packaging (or similar certification related to the responsible management of the world’s forests)
- >80% (w/w) of primary packaging must be recyclable